Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the first members of its 2019 mobility line-up encompassing all notebook segments: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors powering ultrathin and gaming notebooks; AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors powering mainstream notebooks with the fast and efficient “Zen”[i] core; and optimized 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors, elevating performance for mainstream Chromebooks. In addition, AMD announced that starting this quarter, gamers, creators and enthusiasts will be able to install Radeon™ Software Adrenalin software to bring the latest GPU features and game optimizations to all systems powered by AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
“Users expect mobile PCs that excel at both everyday tasks and compute-heavy experiences, and with our latest mobile processor portfolio AMD offers exactly that across all levels of the market,” said Saeid Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, Client Compute, AMD. “Notebook users want to experience the latest modern features while streaming, gaming, or finishing work faster. Enabling breakthrough entertainment experiences, AMD is pleased to enable a wide range of AMD powered notebooks than ever that deliver on those expectations with blazing fast performance, rich graphics, and long battery life.”
2nd Gen Ryzen Mobile Processors: Featuring world’s fastest processor for ultrathin laptops[ii]
Built on 12nm manufacturing technology, new AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors deliver best-in-class performance4, a brilliant entertainment experience, and state-of-the-art features as well as offering impressive performance improvements well above the competition4
- The new AMD Ryzen mobile processors deliver;
- engaging and entertaining features like Wake on Voice, Modern Standby, smooth PC gaming, and is 4K HDR Streaming-capable[iii]
- up to 10 hours of video playback battery life1
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700U can edit media up to 29% faster than the Intel Core i7-8550U[iv], and the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U can load websites up to 14% faster than the Intel Core i5-8250U[v]
- Consumers will be able to purchase the first 2nd Gen Ryzen mobile powered notebooks starting in Q1, with more systems expected to launch throughout 2019. These new notebooks will be coming through Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, and Samsung this year.
- Starting in Q1 2019, AMD plans to provide regular Radeon Software Adrenalin updates for all Ryzen Processors with Radeon Vega graphics via AMD.com, enabling frequent support for new games, new features, improved performance and more robust stability.
- AMD is also offering “Zen”3 -based Athlon Mobile Processors bringing consumers more choice, enabling mobile computing to meet nearly any budget, slated to be available from global OEMs in early 2019.
|TDP||Boost/Base Freq.||Radeon Graphics||GPU Cores||Max GPU Freq.||L2+L3 Cache|
|AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H||4C/8T||35W||4.0/2.3 GHz||Vega||10||1400 MHz||6MB|
|AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700U||4C/8T||15W||4.0/2.3 GHz||Vega||10||1400 MHz||6MB|
|AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H||4C/8T||35W||3.7/2.1 GHz||Vega||8||1200 MHz||6MB|
|AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U||4C/8T||15W||3.7/2.1 GHz||Vega||8||1200 MHz||6MB|
|AMD Ryzen™ 3 3300U||4C/4T||15W||3.5/2.1 GHz||Vega||6||1200 MHz||6MB|
|AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200U||2C/4T||15W||3.5/2.6 GHz||Vega||3||1200 MHz||5MB|
|AMD Athlon 300U||2C/4T||15W||3.3/2.4 GHz||Vega||3||1000 MHz||5MB|
7th Generation A-Series Processors: Versatile A-Series processor for Google Chromebook devices
- The 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors deliver ideal computing experiences, from fluid web browsing to effortless everyday productivity, social media, streaming and web gaming. The AMD A6-9220C processor provides;
- up to 23% faster web browsing and up to 24% faster web application performance than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively[vi],[vii]
- up to 3.2X faster email performance and up to 74% higher office application productivity than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively8,9
- up to 42% faster photo editing performance and up to 43% faster web gaming experiences than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively8,9
- Starting with the Acer Chromebook 315 and HP Chromebook 14, leading global OEMs are scheduled to release several AMD powered Chromebooks in 2019 delivering fast and efficient computing, with battery life that keeps pace with the consumer’s needs.
|TDP||Boost/Base Freq.||Radeon Graphics||GPU Cores/Shaders||Max GPU Freq.||L2 Cache|
|AMD A6-9220C||2C/2T||6W||2.7/1.8 GHz||R5 Series||3 / 128
|AMD A4-9120C||2C/2T||6W||2.4/1.6 GHz||R4 Series||3 /128
At CES 2019, Dr. Lisa Su, president and CEO, AMD is delivering a keynote address, scheduled for Wednesday, January 9 at 9:00 a.m. in the Venetian Palazzo Ballroom. Also, for all CES 2019 attendees, the latest AMD mobile portfolio and technologies are available for hands-on viewing at Club AMD located in the Venetian Expo Sands Titan 2303 – 2305 from January 8th to 11th. Visit www.amd.com/en/events/ces for more information.
“Working in partnership with AMD, we are excited to introduce a line of fast, responsive, reliable Chromebooks powered by AMD A-Series processors,” said Chris Chiang, vice president of product management, Acer Pan America. “The new Acer Chromebook 315 delivers great performance to let users do more with the growing selection of Android apps and Chrome extensions, thanks to award-winning Radeon graphics for a visually stunning experience and AMD processors that will tackle tasks quickly and reliably.”
“ASUS is dedicated to delivering the most innovative hardware for gamers of all levels,” said Vivian Lien, Head of Global Marketing for Gaming and Chief Marketing Officer at ASUS North America. “We’re excited to announce the new ASUS FX505 and 705DY TUF Gaming notebooks, the first laptops powered by AMD’s Ryzen 7 3750H and Ryzen 5 3550H processor and discrete Radeon RX560X graphics, suited for high performance gaming on the go. It’s a unique solution that delivers best-in-class gaming experiences for a wide variety of users.”
“We are excited to offer AMD’s 2nd Gen Ryzen Mobile and Radeon solutions in our mainstream Inspiron 5000 laptops and 2-in-1s in the coming months, giving our customers even more choice for their computing experiences,” said Ray Wah, Senior Vice President, Consumer and Small Business Product Group, Dell. “AMD’s latest Ryzen mobile processors with Radeon Vega Graphics are expected to deliver multi-tasking performance users want, while also enabling the modern PC features they need.”
“We created Chromebooks to build better computing for everyone, and as Chromebooks continue to evolve, this goal remains the same,” said John Solomon, vice president of Chrome OS, Google. “By providing Chromebooks with AMD A-Series processors, customers will have an even broader choice of affordable Chromebooks for their everyday needs.”
“Chromebooks continue to be a rapidly growing market, where customers are looking for differentiated designs and amazing features to power their work and play,” said Kevin Frost, vice president, Consumer PCs, HP Inc. “With the new HP Chromebook 14, HP is excited to partner with AMD on the creation of the first AMD-powered Chrome OS device, providing excellent performance, an enriched entertainment experience, and the best of Google and Chrome OS to access millions of Android apps on Google Play filled with Android apps to do everything in a stylish PC.”
“As work-life integration goes mainstream and people seek increasing flexibility in their lifestyles, they need accessible tools to stay productive and entertained anytime, anywhere,” said Johnson Jia, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Lenovo Intelligent Devices Group’s Consumer PCs and Smart Devices. “Designed for users’ evolving needs, the new Lenovo IdeaPad S540 and IdeaPad S340 laptops powered by the latest AMD Ryzen mobile processors balance great performance with portability – letting people get things done on the go, on their own terms.”