2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors implement improved AMD SenseMI Technology with Precision Boost 2, and Extended Frequency Range 2 (XFR2) delivering the same generational performance uplifts seen on 2nd Gen Ryzen desktop processors. Additional performance and value are delivered for the enthusiast with:
- AMD StoreMI Technology: All X399 platform customers will now have free access to AMD StoreMI Technology enabling configured PCs to load files, games, and applications from a high-capacity hard drive at SSD-like read speeds.
- Ryzen Master Utility: Like all AMD Ryzen™ processors, 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs are fully unlocked. With the updated AMD Ryzen Master Utility, AMD has added new features like fast core detection both on die and per-CCX, advanced hardware controls, and simple, one-click workload optimizations.
- Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO): A new performance-enhancing feature that allows multi-threaded boost limits to be raised by tapping into extra power delivery headroom in premium motherboards.
More Information on 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper
- 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper: The Biggest, Heaviest, Fastest Desktop Processor in the World
- Understanding Precision Boost Overdrive in Three Easy Steps
- Blazing fast renders, exports and encodes with the 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper CPU
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
|Core Count||16 Cores, 32 Threads|
|Topology||8 Cores ea. in Dies 0,1|
|L2 Cache||512K Per Core (8MB Total)|
|L3 Cache||16MB Per Die (32MB Total)|
|PCIe Gen3 Lanes||64 (4x reserved for chipset)|
|Extended Frequency Range 2 (XFR2)||Enabled|
|Precision Boost 2||Enabled|
|Precision Boost Overdrive (OC)7||Available|
|Transistor Count||~9.6 Billion|
|Die Size(s)||2x 213mm2|
|AMD Suggested Online Price||$899 USD|