2K announced the system requirements for the PC version of its highly anticipated sequel, Borderlands 3, which is optimized to deliver stunning visuals and immersive, high-performance gaming on AMD Radeon graphics cards.
Borderlands 3 PC gamers will need to be running Windows 7, 8 or 10 with the latest service packs installed, and have 75GB of HDD space. Specifications include:
- Minimum Specifications (1080p)
- AMD FX-8350 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 7970 2GB graphics card
- Recommended Specifications (1440p)
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor
- 16GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX 590 8GB graphics card
Borderlands 3 is optimized for AMD Radeon graphics cards, including ones based on the new RDNA gaming architecture, providing breathtaking visuals, amazing performance, ultra-responsive, silky smooth gameplay, and exciting features, including:
- Asynchronous Compute – Allows Radeon GPUs to execute multiple tasks at the same time. This GPU multithreading capability enables efficient graphics and visual effects workload distribution, resulting in higher framerates.
- AMD FidelityFX – Offers a dynamic sharpening filter to draw out detail in low-contrast areas for a sharper gaming experience. It provides a pleasing improvement in image clarity, counteracting the softening caused by other post-process effects.
- AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR Technology – Radeon FreeSync is the most popular adaptive sync display technology available, with over 750 supported monitors tested and certified to deliver fluid, tear-free, artifact-free gaming. FreeSync 2 HDR introduces a new dimension of vibrancy to screens by enabling darker blacks and brighter whites without oversaturation or clipping.
Multithreading of Command Buffers – Ensures more traffic from the AMD Ryzen processor reaches the AMD Radeon graphics card faster for higher performance, better graphics and reduced latency.